How to find a property solicitor you can trust
Buying or selling property is a big deal. It can be complicated and, if you’re new to the process, it can also be more than a little daunting.
The good news is that with the right property solicitor by your side it doesn’t have to be. But how do you find a property solicitor you can trust?
Here we take a look at some of the key things you need to be on the lookout for to ensure you appoint a conveyancing expert who won’t let you down.
Things to consider
- Recommendations – few things are more powerful than word of mouth. Ask around and see who other people have worked with before. Friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues – the more you ask about, the more feedback you will receive to steer your search towards a reliable conveyancer.
- Reviews – another great way to get a feel for a company and the kind of service they offer, is to check out their reviews A positive sign is a firm that doesn’t shy away from honest evaluation, and instead openly offers client reviews on their site to provide people with a true account of who they are and what they are about. Always be wary of solicitors claiming to be the best and to have ‘hundreds of happy customers’ but who actually fail to show any real evidence of such.
- Open and transparent fees – a good indicator of the calibre of the company you’re looking at is how open they are about their fees. No obligation quotes should be readily available and be inclusive of disbursements and VAT costs. All elements of the quote should be broken down, so you are completely clear about what you are paying for and don’t get hit with any hidden extras further down the line.
- Online service – life is busy and demanding, and you need a property solicitor who can keep pace. It’s essential you are kept fully informed and you shouldn’t have to constantly chase updates to discover where things are up to. You also shouldn’t have to organise your day, and book precious time off work, just to get into the solicitor’s office to sign papers. But how do you avoid this? You need to be sure that your conveyancer can offer a fast, reliable online service where you can access information and updates 24/7 and complete important paperwork online at your convenience.
- Location – don’t be fooled into thinking that you need a property solicitor based near either you or your property – you don’t! A modern firm, with a technologically advanced system of working, should be able to offer the same great level of service regardless of location. Giving you even greater choice to find the best out there.
So now you know what to look for – and we’d always recommend you do your research – but we think you’ll be hard pushed to find a more dedicated and reliable conveyancing service than that offered by our team here at GD Legal.
As property conveyancing experts we can assist with a wide range of conveyancing matters including house sales, purchases, re-mortgages and transfers. And, with our predominantly online service, you are in complete control of your property transactions and will be assigned your own dedicated personal conveyancer for the whole process.
To find out more about the services we offer and how we can help you, why not chat with a member of the team? You can call us today on 0161 710 1786 or email email@example.com.